Dear YSLSC Members
This is to advise that the YSLSC Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday the 25th of July 2019 from 3 pm to 4 pm at Yanchep Surf Lifesaving Club.
The 2019/2020 committee will remain in office except for two positions that have been declared open.
We invite all interested parties to nominate for either of the following:
- Director of Junior Activities or;
- Director of Surf Sports.
Please see the attached organogram which outlines the club positions, and the management expectations of each position. The board of directors will form the club committee for the season and will determine the policies by which the club is run.
As per our current constitution, only elective officers (board members), active members (Bronze Medallions), and life members who are 18+ years old are eligible to vote.
Anyone wishing to vote must attend the AGM in person. As per the constitution, no proxy voting or nominations will be accepted.
If you would like to nominate yourself for an open position on the board, you are encouraged to discuss your intentions with the President, Billy Prinsloo. Billy can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
This season, we are introducing two management teams and invite anyone interested in joining one or both of these to come along to the AGM or email your interest to Janine email@example.com – There is NO LIMIT to the number of members who can join these teams, the more the merrier!
The Fundraising Team will be working under the management of the Director of Finance.
A surf lifesaving club’s fundraising committee plays an especially important role. Surf club operations are costly and membership fees alone would simply not meet these costs. Surf clubs often undertake a broad number of fundraising activities yearly and are reliant on the fundraising committee to ensure that they are successful. The Fundraising committee will need to work closely with the Social committee on a few annual events.
Fundraising Team obligations
- Establish fundraising goals with the Director of Finance
- Encourage member participation in fundraising activities
- Seek out & research new fundraising ideas
- Work amicably together to ensure the best fundraising outcome in the interest of YSLSC
- Obtain sponsorships for the weekly BBQs (Director of Admin will arrange advertising on the day)
- Seek out sponsorships for events
- Carry out raffles and other frequent small fundraising events for member engagement.
Social Management Team:
The role of the social committee is to actively engage and attract surf lifesaving club members and the Yanchep community to a series of social events held throughout the year. Designed to promote the building of long-lasting relationships and amazing memories, the social committee’s role is to use creativity and passion to ensure a social element is maintained within the surf club’s culture.
The Social Committee will be encouraged to elect a representative to discuss the year’s calendar of events with the Board at the beginning of the season and outlay a budget for each event.
Social Management Team obligations
- Bettering the social lives of club members through the design and execution of original and entertaining events.
- Recruiting and leading a social committee
- Creating and maintaining a budget
- Facilitating the growth of intra-club relations
- Catering at events
- Organising volunteers at events
- Organising of events from idea to lights off!
The Director of Administration is looking for volunteers to assist with merchandise sales on Sundays before or after nippers and uniform/merchandise design and ideas for our club. Interested volunteers can touch base with Janine firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM