Advanced Resuscitation Technique
If a member has already completed a skills maintenance that required Resuscitation to be assessed i.e. Bronze Medallion, they are considered to be proficient in that section of this award. Members still need to be assessed as competent in sections 2-3 to be deemed proficient in ARTC/ART[AID].
- Members to be assessed on theoretical knowledge
- A primary assessment (DRSABCD) on a live victim
- A demonstration of the lateral position
- Primary assessment (DRSABCD), CPR 1 person (adult or child AND infant) on an approved manikin – to include resuscitation methods using an approved mask
- Team CPR scenario including primary assessment (DRSABCD), use of resuscitation mask with oxygen supplement and AED
2. Provide Supplemental Oxygen
- Use of bag-valve-mask resuscitator on unconscious victim(s) during resuscitation scenario
3. Oropharyngeal Airways
- Correct measurement and insertion of an oropharyngeal (OP) airway
- Demonstrate an understanding of when and why an OP airway is introduced into resuscitation
Get involved today
Woodside Nippers is a surf awareness program that is offered for children from the ages of 5-13. Join today!
Find out how you can become a patrolling member at the Yanchep Surf Life Saving Club today.
YSLSC youth programs provide a safe and enjoyable environment that promotes the Australian way of life.
The City's Sandcruiser wheelchair is available for loan by members of the public at Yanchep Beach.
Surf Sports are a fabulous way to compete against other local, state and national clubs. Join Yanchep SLSC today!