IRB Crew Course
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
Skills maintenance in this award may be assessed by an authorised delegate or current SM IRB Driver. Logged hours should be included in making assessment decisions.
- Members to be assessed on theoretical knowledge
- Demonstrate effective and safe crewing practice and ability including:
- Parallel running
- Figures of eight
- Response to signals
- Negotiation of surf as required
- Demonstrate victim rescue to include both unconscious and conscious patients
- Demonstrate ability to carry out a victim lift, exit, carry and lay
Get involved today
Woodside Nippers is a surf awareness program that is offered for children from the ages of 5-13. Join today!
Find out how you can become a patrolling member at the Yanchep Surf Life Saving Club today.
YSLSC youth programs provide a safe and enjoyable environment that promotes the Australian way of life.
The City's Sandcruiser wheelchair is available for loan by members of the public at Yanchep Beach.
Surf Sports are a fabulous way to compete against other local, state and national clubs. Join Yanchep SLSC today!