IRB Crew Course
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
- Members to be assessed on theoretical knowledge
- Demonstrate effective and safe crewing practice and ability including:
- Parallel running
- Figures of eight
- Response to signals
- Negotiation of surf as required
- Demonstrate victim rescue to include both unconscious and conscious patients
- Demonstrate ability to carry out a victim lift, exit, carry and lay
Get involved today
Woodside Nippers is a surf awareness program that is offered for children from the ages of 5-13. Join today!
Find out how you can become a patrolling member at the Yanchep Surf Life Saving Club today.
YSLSC youth programs provide a safe and enjoyable environment that promotes the Australian way of life.
Surf Sports are a fabulous way to compete against other local, state and national clubs. Join Yanchep SLSC today!